Wondering which navigation app will guide you throughout your next journey? Many of us already use Google Maps as it is the world’s favorite mapping app so far. Want to Know the winner of waze vs google maps battle then go through the article. Untill now it was unthinkable that there would be a better no other best mapping solution than Google Maps. However, most of the savvy drivers now using the Waze App for its better crowd-sourced traffic and traffic alert features. Luckily, Both waze and google maps are available for free on Windows, iOS, and Android devices. And these google maps and waze are also happened to be owned by Google. However, both are designed to suit for different scenarios. And all iPhone and Android users will be pleased with New Waze app as it is compatible with Apple’s CarPlay, and waze android auto. Google maps vs Waze, so choose which one is better? Let’s read out.
>>>> Know more about Waze App Features <<<
Does Google own waze?, Yes, Google may retain Waze, but that doesn’t mean that Google maps and Waze Live maps are the same. And also find out how is waze different from google maps in this article. In fact, Both Waze Maps and Google Maps still fight for dominance over navigation needs of their respective users. Know more about Waze Vs Google Maps. Don’t know which one is better and safe to install in your device. Find out Is Waze better than google maps? As we provided the complete info about Google map vs Waze in the following section which includes the difference between and similarities between these both.
Waze vs Google Maps
Waze and Google Maps both are most popular, as they both consistently provide the accurate directions and very easy and straightforward to use. Surprisingly Google Maps and Waze both owned by Google itself. The Personal preference dominates whether you choose Google Maps or Waze Live maps however it does bring up the question, Is Waze Better Than Google Maps. Frankly speaking, google waze live map is a not that popular as the Google Maps. Want to know more about Waze vs Google Maps then refer to the below section.
However, the Waze Traffic App has more attractive and useful features than the Google Maps. With these, we can’t say that Google Maps is not so useful. The Working mechanism of both Waze and Google Maps is similar they both provide up to date and real-time traffic notifications. Now, let’s find out features of Waze and Google Maps features and decide which App is the best app. Here you can also get the main differences between the Waze and Google Maps. Also, find which one is better Waze or Google maps.
What is Difference between Waze and Google Maps?
- Google Maps is much more similar to a traditional navigation map, however, it has a variety of transportation options. As we all know google maps is packed with some additional information like monuments, businesses, and everything else you’re used to seeing in a navigation app. Actually, Google Maps acts as a city navigation recommendation engine. Now with Google Maps, you can get suggestions for nearest restaurants, hotels. And it allows you to leave reviews as a part of the Local Guides program.
- Waze Live Map app is the turn-by-turn navigation application which mainly focuses on a social network. Using Waze app the drivers can share information about the accidents, road closures, police officers, and nearest Pay tolls, Gas Station and more. Waze Traffic app is exclusively for navigation by car.
This is about the contenders of the Waze vs Google Maps. Let’s find out Interface and ease of Use of Both Waze and Google Maps in the following section. And features of Google Maps and Waze Live Maps.
Interface and Ease of Use
When you take close look at Waze App, it’s pretty sure that it’s meant for driving only. When you search around something in the Waze map, it’s just roads. If you open the App and enter destination address or Bussiness then only Waze Live app gives you a route. While you are re driving, Waze traffic app dynamically pop up on the map things like Speed traps, broken down cars, cop location, accidents, and road shutdown. With Waze routing notifications and Speedometer alerts, you can save the time as well as prevent getting the occasional speeding tickets. Find out the winner of Waze vs google Maps.
- Google Maps
Google Maps are popular than the Waze or Apple Maps. With its quite interesting built up robust feature set make the Google Maps versatile enough to provide navigation notification whether that’s driving, walking, public transportation, bicycling and probably one day, hyperloop, too. In fact, Google Maps allow you to switch between each of these modes. As we all know Google Maps displays bus stops, train lines and amalgamates with ride-sharing platforms such as Lyft and Uber. With Google maps, you can get the entrances and exits of a Subway station platforms.
This is about interface and Ease of use of Waze vs Google Maps. Both of them provide an awesome User interface and very is easy to use.
Google Maps Features
- Google Maps offer the quick and safe navigation options while driving, biking, using public transportation and when even you are walking.
- You can also get the Voice navigation for all types of driving, biking, and be walking
- Provides incident reports in your specific selected route, Live traffic notifications, and optional rerouting
- Satellite-based Navigation.
- Shows traffic less map information when looking at different routing options
- Incorporated with Google Street View to provide better results
- Business information such as reviews for millions of places like hotels, restaurants
- Tracks as well as save the location data overtimes
- From the Google Map information, you can get different routing options.
- Offer a turn-by-turn navigation even in Offline mode
- Provide the business hours in searches itself and also gives you alerts if you’ll arrive too late
- Indicate your best lane to drive in
- Saves the gas and time.
Waze Maps Features
- You can get the live traffic reporting from other Waze User as it offers the Social network integration.
- Waze allows you to send ETA to your friends and family which tells about the live traffic and updating information.
- Offers an interesting celebrity voice navigation options, so that you can navigation commands with your favorite celebrity voice, really interesting right.
- Waze will Learn the frequent destination locations, time for commuting, and also provide preferred routes.
- The Most interesting feature of Wage you can get the cheapest gas station on a route with the Waze Live Map.
- Traffic jam indicator of the Waze app will count down the time you’ll be in a jam.
- You will also get the latest Police notifications, Spotify integration and Advertisement supported.
The Waze vs Google Maps has some of the awesome features and it becomes very popular in short span of time. Millions of Drivers all over the world use Waze users. And get quick and accurate navigation tips and routes along with all about construction zones, hazards, and live accidents etc. This is all about the features and minor differences between waze vs google maps as well. Surprisingly, Waze App offers a lot more interesting features for customizing navigation. It Also includes setting Waze in order to take the shortest route instead of the fastest or to avoid highways by default, so if you like to twist your defaults, then Waze App is a better approach.
How to Use Waze Traffic App?
- In Order to use Waze app on your device, first of all, you have to Install it on your device. As Google Waze App works compatibly with all operating systems you can easily make Waze Download without any third party interference. If you already have Waze Maps app on your device then skip this step. Otherwise, click on the Direct link in the description to Download Waze into your Smartphone.
- Or else you can use the Waze App services without Downloading it just visit the Waze official website ww.waze.com. Once you Open Waze App on your device you can see the Search Bar on the top of the Screen. First of all, enable Waze GPS and set your current location in Waze maps.
- Once you set your Current location, now enter the destination location in the search bar. All you have to do is just enter the location that you need to visit in the above search bar. Now just tap on “Go” to get all short distance, fewer traffic Routes. Once you tap on Go then you can see all possible ways from your location to destination.
- If in you notice any way or route with the red circle it indicates the Traffic in that area so try to avoid it. And if you see a route in the yellow circle, try to avoid it also, it denotes the hazards and accidents, cop alerts in that particular route.
- Now select the most comfortable and traffic-free route to reach the destination without any worries. Let’s Drive hands free with the Waze Maps App.
How to Use Google Maps?
- As Google Maps is the default app, All Android and Windows Mobile users don’t have to download Google Maps separately. If in case you dont have Google Maps app then download it from Google Play store. Just with a simple click, you can download it in your device.
- As Google Maps offer Cross-platform compatibility it works well with all other operating systems including Android, iOS, Windows, and Blackberry device. Now Open the Google Maps on your device with the app or by using the Google maps official sitemaps.google.com. Make sure that your device is connected with Mobile data or wifi connection.
- Now Open the App on your device, and just tap on GPS, by this your mobile will locate your current location. After setting your current location, now set your destination or drop point with the search bar. Otherwise, you can use Google Voice search option. All you have to do is just tap on the microphone symbol on the left side of the screen.
- Just speak out your Destination location. Here you can see the Suggestion select from it and Start your ride.
- Or else you can use the search bar just enter the address of your destination and select it from the suggestion. Once you set your drop point then you will get the all possible ways and choose the fasted and safest route to avoid traffic.
Waze vs Google maps vs Apple maps
With an iPhone paired with your Apple watch, you will get the haptic feedback alerts just before a turn comes up. Unlike the Waze and Google Maps, you can get the audio alerts and feedback which vibrates even closer to the actual turn than audio cues. However, Waze vs Google MapsWaze vs Google Mapsare limited to just Apple devices such as iPhones, iPads, iPods. So Android and Windows users cannot use Apple Maps more effectively as they are using Waze App and Google Maps. Waze, offer Multi-platform compatibility so that you can install this navigation App in any device irrespective of its operating system. Waze and Google Maps both are compatible with Android, iOS and Windows devices. Moreover, Apple Maps was certainly a joke when it launched, it’s caught up well enough and tends to be comparable to Google Maps in major cities.
Waze or Google Maps, Which is Best?
Waze vs Google Maps: Waze Android auto also helps you to get the perfect parking space for your car or your vehicle. If you are a regularly drive your car then Waze will be the perfect option for you other than the google maps. With both Waze and Google Maps, you can get the New areas and routes to reach your destination easily. If you are planning for long drive trip to you a new place then both these google maps and waze are excellent apps for you. As both waze, google is compatible with all operating systems like Windows, Android, and iOS you can easily use them without any issues. Every android user has the default Google maps so we are familiar with it. However, when coming to the Waze Apk we have to Install it first to get it’s awesome navigating and other features. If you not yet Download Waze app then refer the following section to Install it with a simple tap without any hesitation.
Conclusion on Waze or Google Maps
When comparing the features of Both Waze and Google maps, we can definitely find the winner among this both navigation apps. The main difference we can observe in this waze vs google map, the Google Map does not have any social features likes chatting, scoreboards, beeping, speed controllers like speedometers etc. The Google Maps just provide the route and navigation towards the destination so that you can route ahead. The Waze GPS app is a perfect option for you if you are driving a car. And similarly, Google Maps will be the best option for you if you are on foot. When coming to the navigation and routes the Google Maps only provide the route information whereas the Waze Live maps offer the complete information about the traffic, route and all other alerts. I Hope now all your doubts about Waze like, is waze better than google maps, does Google own waze and more on waze vs google maps data usage are cleared. If you still have any difficulty using the Waze Live Maps, Let us know. We will complete and quick solutions for you. Any way Happy and Safe driving is the ultimate motto of the Waze Maps.